Denardo Lee Gastin is a multitalented versatile artist hailing from Atlanta, GA with a fusion of being professionally trained and self-taught.
Since childhood, he has developed a heavy interest in the world of arts and entertainment, plus raising myself on various pop culture through childhood in the 1990s. "Because of my ADHD, I use to draw on my classwork and homework, due to boredom, even developing an obsession with building a collection of VHS, CDs, DVDs, and Blu-Rays. Mainly, anything that was based on Japanese culture."
When it comes to art, Denardo's a graphic designer, musician, digital artist, retoucher, video editor, and last but not least, a photographer. His photography interests, dates back to 1995, when his mother purchased a disposable camera, that shoots 3-D images only, but as of 2019, it’s yet to be developed, and is pretty much, the HOLY GRAIL of his photography history.
"By 1996, I quickly lost interest in photography, but by 2003, while I was majoring in Graphic Design at Bauder College, I took a photography class, that was required, but I’ll never forget the negative grade I got from the class. By 2005, my mother told me, about wanting more family portraits for the house, but at the time, I didn’t like being photographed, mainly because I was insecure with my looks. So in 2006, when those words got to me again, in February of that year, I purchased my first camera, which was a Fujifilm Finepix 1.0 mp camera, which begun my photography hobby. Because I felt that I wanted to step up a notch, it wasn’t until 2012, when I finally decided to take photography, as part of my career."
Check out some of his favorite recommended products that make pursuing an artistic journey a bit easier:
1. Nikon D810: Since 2013, this is my first, and only DSLR camera, that I still use to this very day. At the time of its release in 2012, it boosted the most megapixels, clocking in at 36mp, which has been overtaken since, plus with the mirrorless era, this camera model still packs a punch, after a decade.
2. NEEWER 5 In One Reflector: Being mainly an outdoor shooter, especially in sunlight, using a reflector on my subject, brings out a glowing but thaumaturgical effect on my subject, making them, without the use of electricity flashing on them.
3. Love Louder (33 Ways To Amplify Your Life): I’ve owned this book, for a year. In recent times, when it comes to positing my content on Social Media, I have something called “D.L.Gommentaries,” which are commentaries that either provides Behind The Scenes of the art or some self-help motivation. Because I have influenced certain people with my motivation, even before I owned this book, this book has helped me become more happy with my life, and I highly recommend it.
4. Apple iPad Pro: Because I’m also a musician and a digital artist, and I’m unable to afford studio time or the more expensive but professional equipment, with the purchase of several different apps on the iTunes store, I’ve used this device to utilize those creative mediums with (alongside the Apple Pencil).
5. Sony WI-C400 Wireless In-Ear Headphones: When I want to listen to my music on the go or communicate with people on the phone without holding it, I can always count on these headphones.
"The biggest purpose in life is for us to be happy, and there are millions of ways to make our melancholic lives, turn to blithesome, and be very pulchritudinous afterward." - D.L.G.