27 May Curated #13 By Jerm
Jerm is an artist/producer from Charlotte, NC, currently based in Los Angeles.
His music has been featured in Adidas stores throughout the country and featured in many reputable music magazines. Jerm released his single “Lie To Me (featuring Vivian)” back in October 2019 and has a new project in the works for 2020.
Here is a list of his go-to products for emerging musicians:
1. FL Studio 20: FL Studio has been my go-to for music production and recording since I was in middle school. It’s amazing what you can do with this software if you really put the time and effort in to learn it.
2. Apollo Twin Audio Interface: You need a good audio interface to connect your headphones, speakers, and microphone with your computer. It helps you clearly hear what you produce and record into your software so that you can create better mixes and have an overall cleaner workflow.
3. Audio-Technica ATH-M50x Headphones: Once you have your software and audio interface, you need a pair of quality studio headphones. These headphones help you hear a lot of the small details in a mix that is unnoticeable in regular headphones like AirPods.
4. KRK Rokit Studio Monitor: I’ve had the KRK Rokit 6’s (discontinued) for years now and they’ve been great for me. Nothing is better than bumping your music at high volumes and these have been perfect for that and hearing how things might sound in a car or venue.
5. Warm Audio WA-87 Condenser Microphone: Having a good microphone you can record with at home is very clutch. This is a solid mic for its price range and along with everything else listed, you should have no problem getting industry-standard recordings.
“The mindset isn’t about seeking a result – It’s more about the process of getting to that result.“
– Kobe Bryant
All photographs by Nick Rufo
Connect With Jerm!