31 Jan Curated #11 By Kesi Irvin
Kesi is a professional traveler who quit her Wall Street job in NYC to backpack around the world.
She has been globetrotting for almost five years and has not stayed in the same place for over one month. Kesi’s blog, Kesi To and Fro, focuses on traveling to less frequented destinations – like the Democratic Republic of Congo, how to have local experiences abroad – like meeting a couch surfer in Uganda and canoeing 4 hours to his village, and teaches how to sustain long term travel.
Here is a list of items that she must travel with:
1. Osprey Sojourn Backpack: Osprey is THE backpack brand to take while traveling because all their bags are fantastic quality and provide comfort. The Sojourn is a flexible option, because not only is it a backpack, but you can also wheel it. This backpack gives you the best of both worlds – you can wear it as a backpack if you are on cobbled streets, or wheel it when you have smooth roads. Visit Kesi To and Fro’s website to read a complete guide to the best travel backpack with wheels.
2. Lifestraw: I do not like paying for water, so I always bring my own filtered water bottle I can drink free water around the world.
3. Scrubba Bag: I also like to save money on laundry, so the Scrubba bag is perfect to handwash clothes on the road.
4. Trtl Neck Pillow: This travel pillow will become your best friend. It provides more comfort than a U-shaped neck pillow and allows you to get great sleep on long bus rides or flights.
5. Packing Cubes: These cubes are essential to keep an organized backpack. Put pants in one cube, shirts in another, and underwear in the last!
“I do not live a life of luxury, but I live a life wealthy in experiences.”
– Kesi Irvin
Connect With Kesi!