15 Jun Curated #14 By Sophie Maia Lee
Maia Lee is a DJ from London with over 10 years in the music industry.
She plays at Annabels, Sexy Fish, EGG to name a few. Listen to her most recent mix now on Mixcloud:
Check out the list of her go-to products for upcoming DJ’s:
1. Pioneer DJ (XDJ-RX) Controller: This is a specific DJ pick, I use this at home to play around on, its a smaller, more compact version of the club standard CDJ 2000 Nexus’s. Great for DJs and hobbyists, and also to have something to easily record your mixes straight onto USB. It’s what I have in my bedroom, and I haven’t gotten bored yet 🙂
2. Sennheiser Pro Audio HD 25 DJ Headphones: My favourite headphones I’ve ever used. They’ve lasted me 7 years, have never broken and have great sound cancellation, and also are really light and easy to carry around.
3. SanDisk Ultra Flair Flash Drive: A good USB is essential! I probably have a drawer of around 30+ now, some flimsy and some glitch, but these Sandisks have always been the sturdiest and most reliable, and pop right into all Pioneer CDJs.
4. The Ordinary Peeling Solution 30ml AHA: Because great skin is everything. Nothing else needs to be said 🙂
5. YMING Scented Candles Gift Set: Because zenning out after a gig is also imperative to feeling relaxed and rested. I usually always have at least one candle burning somewhere in the house every day.
“All separation is totally artificial.“
– Deepak Chopra
Connect With Maia!