12 Feb Curated #2 By Denardo Gastin
Denardo Lee Gastin is a multitalented, versatile artist born & raised in Atlanta, GA.
Since childhood, he’s developed a heavy interest, in the world of arts and entertainment, plus raising himself on various pop culture, through his childhood in the 1990s. Because of his ADHD, he used to draw on classwork and homework developing an obsession with building a collection of VHS, CDs, DVDs, and Blu-Rays. Mainly, anything that was based on Japanese culture.
When it comes to my art, he’s graphic designer, musician, digital artist, retoucher, video editor, and last but not least, a photographer. As of 2019, he’s 11 times published (including in The Fox Magazine, on his birthday of August 3, 2018).
Check out some of his favorite products along his photographic journey:
1. Nikon D850 – Since 2013, this is my first, and only DSLR camera, that I still use to this very day. At the time of its release in 2012, it boosted the most megapixels, which has been overtaken since, plus with the mirrorless era, this camera model still packs a punch.
2. Neewer 5 in 1 Reflector – Being mainly an outdoor shooter, especially in sunlight, using a reflector on my subject, brings out a glowing but thaumaturgical effect on my subject, making them, without the use of electricity flashing on them.
3. Love Louder: 33 Ways To Amplify Your Life – I’ve owned this book, for a year. In recent times, when it comes to posting my content on Social Media, I have something called “D.L.Gommentaries,” which are commentaries that either provides Behind The Scenes of the art, or some self-help motivation. Because I have influenced certain people with my motivation, even before I owned this book, this book has helped me become more happy with my life, and I highly recommend it.
4. iPad Pro – Because I’m also a musician and a digital artist, and I’m unable to afford studio time or the more expensive but professional equipment, with the purchase of several different apps on the iTunes store, I’ve used this device to utilize those creative mediums with (alongside the Apple Pencil).
5. Sony WI-C400 Wireless In-Ear Headphones – When I want to listen to my music on the go, or communicate with people on the phone without holding it, I can always count on these headphones.
“The biggest purpose in life, is for us to be happy, and there are millions of ways to make our melancholic lives, turn to blithesome, and be very pulchritudinous afterwards.”
– D.L Gastin
Connect With D.L!