Valerie is an elegant fashion designer bringing everyday looks right to your closet.
She has been designing clothes since she was 15 years old, even using her grandma’s 100-year old sewing machine at one point in time. Valerie then went on to create her own clothing brand Valsky, a brand that distributes unique & elegant designs to fashionable individuals.
Here is a list of her go-to products as a fashion designer & entrepreneur:
1. Fashion Sketchbook: As a fashion designer, sketching your pieces is so important, it helps build a blueprint for when you go to the sewing process. I sketch my ideas on paper every day. This Fashion SketchBook has drawn out 9-head figures for you to draw your clothing ideas onto. It’s great for beginners.
2. Planner 2020-2021: There are 24 hours in a day. In those 24 hours, it’s important for me to write down all that needs to be accomplished. I write everything in my planner, from my to-do list to my ideas.
3. Brother XM2701 Lightweight Sewing Machine: I have gone through many sewing machines in my life. From my grandma’s 100-year-old sewing machine to the most expensive one in the store, and this Brothers sewing machine has been my favorite. It is affordable and easy to use for anyone. I sew all my clothing pieces with the Brothers Sewing Machine.
4. Beats Pill+ Portable Wireless Speaker: Sometimes, as a designer, I get creatives block. I have times where I don’t know what to create, which is very normal. Music has always inspired me to get my creative juices flowing. My perfect creative space is wherever my speaker is, blasting my favorite music artists.
5. Victsing 500ml Essential Oil Diffuser: Working in the fashion industry can be stressful at times. At the end of the day, I just want to lay down and rest. My aromatherapy diffuser has helped me relax my mind and be at peace. My favorite essential oil to use is peppermint.
“Those dreams and ideas that you have are meant to become a reality. Create your path and stay true to yourself while you’re on it.”
– Valerie Castro
Connect With Valerie!