11 Oct Makito Umekita
Makito is a portrait and lifestyle photographer based out of Los Angeles.
Although he is currently freelancing in the wedding industry, he has a strong passion for traveling and capturing beautiful scenery through his camera. Constantly inspired by the outdoors, Makito strives to express the raw emotions of his subjects in a natural setting. Makito has worked with various brands such as Otterbox, Bryan Anthonys, Tribe & True, Loaded Boards, Hotel Hafnia, Faris Car Rental, and more. He is currently working with Alabaster Company as a contributing landscape photographer for their upcoming books.
Makito’s interest in photography was ignited by all the conceptual images he saw while scrolling through Flickr. Captivated by how magical and otherworldly photos can provoke a sense of wonder and awe, Makito wanted to create that same feeling within the people who view his photos. He hopes to visually inspire people with his photos just like how conceptual photography inspired him to pursue a career in photography.
Check out some of his favorite recommended products to help any daring photographer in the field:
1. Photosol Sensor Swab ULTRA: It’s always important to take care of your photography gear. These sensor swabs are perfect for cleaning any dust or black spots that appear on the viewfinder of your camera when taking a photo.
2. TaoTronics Active Noise Cancelling Headphones: As a music lover, the sound experience is so crucial to me. When I bought these earphones, I was blown away by the sound quality. They also have a noise-canceling feature that is useful for when you want to drown out the outside noise and only hear the music. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants great quality earphones for an affordable price.
3. Seagate Portable 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD: Every photographer should have an external hard drive. Whether you’re running low on space on your computer’s hard drive or you’re using it as a backup, this portable external hard drive by Seagate gets the job done.
4. MeFOTO Classic Aluminum Roadtrip Travel Tripod/Monopod Kit: I’ve gone through many tripods in the past, but this Aluminum Roadtrip tripod by MeFOTO is the best one that I’ve had so far. It’s made from high-quality materials, resulting in the perfect travel tripod that’s durable, light, and compact.
5. DJI Osmo Mobile 2 Handheld Smartphone Gimbal: If you want to start taking smooth and stable videos on your phone, then I highly recommend this gimbal from DJI. It’s affordable, lightweight, and has a ton of features to take your phone videography to the next level!
“Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I’ve ever known.”
– Chuck Palahniuk
I love this quote, because as we go through this journey called “life”, we take bits and pieces from the things that we learned over the years to make meaningful art. Even when we are trying to create something new, we are constantly inspired by the work of others.
Connect With Makito!