27 Jan Curated #1 By Lauren Conklin
Lauren Conklin is a violinist from Nashville, TN. She writes, arranges, and has over fifteen years of performance experience on several tours, including opening for acts such as Jools Holland, Montgomery Gentry, Josh Thompson, and Kix Brooks.
She has played venues from the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville to the Royal Albert Concert Hall in London, and has worked with artists and productions like Miley Cyrus, Lonestar, Florida Georgia Line, ABC/CMT’s Nashville, The CMT Awards, Little Big Town, Andra Day, Lee Ann Womack, as the featured artist for Bonafonte’s international advertising campaign, and currently tours with 2015’s AGM Female Group of the Year/2016 Country Christian Group of the Year, HighRoad.
Lauren started off 2019 by releasing the first track from her new project “Water Music,” her first album of original instrumentals, which is now available on all digital platforms.
Check out some of her favorite products to use as an emerging musician:
1. LR Baggs Venue DI – This is a musician specific pick, but I really can’t say enough good things about this DI. I’ve had mine for almost 7 years now, use it every time I play, and it’s still in perfect condition. Great EQ, a tuner, and a boost–as a fiddle player, I love it, and many of the great acoustic guitar and mandolin players I work with a lot love it too!
2. Kindle Paperwhite – I absolutely love my Kindle Paperwhite! You can set it to either be backlit or not, with a variety of brightnesses, the new one is waterproof, and now I can have hundreds of books with me when I travel without a second suitcase.
3. Wireless Headphones – These headphones sound amazing AND you don’t have to keep up with the dongle adaptor thing if you have a newer iPhone (I have lost so many of those it’s not even funny anymore). Win-win.
4. The Perfect Planner – I would never get anywhere or get anything done without this planner, it is my lifeline! I love that it’s undated, so you can start and end whenever you want, and it has tons of space for putting down to do lists/shopping lists/notes/etc! Also comes with great goal setting sheets at beginning of every month and fun stickers.
5. BIC Color Collection Pens – This may be dorky, but I’m obsessed with pens. These are my favorites, and it may just be me, but really great colorful pens make me feel so much more creative and excited to get to work!
“Great things are done by a series of small things brought together”
– Vincent Van Gogh
I love this quote because it is such a good reminder that even if you can only make very small progress towards your goals and dreams each day, those small steps are what will eventually become your big accomplishments!
Connect With Lauren!